- Improved Hygiene: Damon brackets are tieless, meaning there is no need for rubber bands to hold the brackets closed and no need for tightening. Elastic ties have a tendency to attract plaque. Since Damon braces do not use ties, they help keep the teeth clean. This is why we do not “tie” teeth in.
- More Comfortable: The Damon System is an advanced orthodontic technology which uses gentle forces for improved patient comfort and oral health.
- Faster Treatment + Fewer Appointments: The Damon System treats faster than traditional braces. The Damon System requires shorter doctor visits and less (reduced) chair time for patient convenience.
- Better Design + Technology: The only self-ligating passive bracket on the market combined with lightweight shape-memory wire that is designed to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. Uses advanced, passive self-ligation technology with a slide mechanism to hold the wire, which reduces the amount of pressure exerted on the teeth.
- Less Extractions Required: Reduced need for extractions and expanders compared to traditional brackets. Traditional treatment often requires the removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space, which can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile.
Your Damon Braces Provider in Cary, NC
Damon Braces are a top-of-the-line, highly efficient orthodontic treatment option. Only state-of-the-art technology at Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics!
Orthodontic treatment fit for you.
With Damon self-litigating braces, there's no need for elastic or metal "ties", which also eliminates the need for "tightening" as most patients know it. The Damon System's light, shape-memory wires move teeth by utilizing a bracket that opens and closes like a door.
About the Damon System
Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics is proud to be accredited in the application of Damon System braces and is a Damon Mentoring practice. Orthodontists from around the country visit our office to learn about the latest in orthodontic advances! The Damon System has changed the world of both metal and clear braces by utilizing a slide mechanism to hold the archwire. This reduces the amount of pressure that is exerted on the teeth and allows them to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. These high-tech braces and their wires require fewer adjustments, which means fewer appointments, making it easy to fit this treatment into your busy schedule.
How Are Damon System Braces Different?
Damon braces are “tieless,” so there is no need for rubber bands to hold the brackets closed, and there is no need for tightening. Elastic ties have a tendency to attract and collect plaque, and since this system does not use them, it is much easier to keep up with dental hygiene during orthodontic treatment. Damon metal brackets are smaller and smoother, making this system the discreet, comfortable, and easy-to-clean choice for braces.
The Damon System also offers clear braces, which combines innovative technology with virtually invisible brackets. Other types of clear braces have visible metal parts or elastic ties, which often yellow over time, but the “tieless” system prevents the Damon Clear braces from becoming stained or discolored. They are a great alternative to tray systems, such as Invisalign©, because tray systems have limitations on the types of teeth they can straighten. However, the Damon System is compatible with all teeth!
Why We Use the Damon System
Damon Metal Brackets
- Use a slide mechanism that opens like a door.
- Brackets combine with high-tech, shape-memory titanium wires.
- Available in two materials: stainless steel or polycarbonate.
Damon Clear Brackets
- Clear brackets that use the same technology as traditional brackets, but they are almost invisible.
- The Damon System is compatible with all teeth, whereas Invisalign has limitations on types of teeth they are able to straighten.
- Combines the best of traditional clear braces and invisible aligners for discrete treatment.