Invisalign Teen® – Clear Aligners for Teenagers
Is your teen wanting braces but worried about how they will look? Invisalign for Teens is a perfect option for young adults wanting a more discreet treatment!
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen utilizes clear, removable aligners that are custom made for your specific orthodontic treatment plan and provide a nearly invisible way to straighten teeth. Since clear aligners are used, there is no need for wires, brackets and bands that traditional braces use.
Invisalign Teen allows you to take your aligners out when needed for eating, drinking and taking photos. The aligners are worn for around 20-22 hours a day and switched out for a new set of aligners every few weeks. Slowly and gradually, your teeth will shift into proper alignment to achieve a beautiful, straight smile.
Is your teen a good candidate for Invisalign?
Clear braces for teens are a great option. As we know, maintaining self-esteem and confidence is important through the teenage years. Getting braces may be a sensitive area for some teens because of the way they look. Invisalign Teen allows for a less noticeable, aesthetic option to make teens feel more comfortable throughout their orthodontic process!
Traditional braces may be a great fit for some teens and can still be very popular. If you are considering clear braces for your teenager, here are some items to take into consideration:
• Current Dentition or Condition of Teeth: If your teenager has missing molars or baby teeth, then they may not be a good candidate for Invisalign Teen.
• Level of Treatment Required: Most cases can be treated with Invisalign, but if your teen requires movement beyond simple adjustments, then traditional braces may be a better treatment fit.
• Bone or Jaw Abnormalities: We can assess facial structure at your first appointment to see if Invisalign Teen is a treatment option.
• Responsibility Level: Wearing the clear aligners is a large responsibility. They must be worn 20-22 hours a day, taken out while eating and drinking and cleaned regularly. If you don’t feel that your teenager is able to maintain their Invisalign tray schedule or is responsible enough to wear their trays regularly, then traditional braces may be a better treatment option.
The best way to know for sure if you should invest in Invisalign for Teens is to schedule an appointment.
How Invisalign Teen Works
Invisalign Teen is very similar to Invisalign for adults, but there are a few small differences. All Invisalign treatment plans utilize clear, plastic aligner trays that are switched out every few weeks to slowly move your teeth into the ideal position. Invisalign Teen is different because:
• The Invisalign Teen trays have a small dot on the aligners that changes colors from blue to clear or white, the more often the tray is worn. The purpose of this dot is to allow orthodontists to check to make sure teens are wearing their aligners for the prescribed amount of time, since teens can be more forgetful and are busy with school and activities.
• The number of replacement trays provided with Invisalign Teen increases. This is due to teens more active lifestyles and ensures treatment stays on track in case a set of aligners is broken or lost. This is one of the major benefits of Invisalign Teen since up to six replacement aligners are provided at no extra charge.
Find Out If Invisalign Is A Good Option For Your Teen
One of the most important things as a parent is to ensure that your teenager is happy and healthy. Orthodontic treatment accomplishes these goals by providing a healthier, straighter smile resulting in more confidence.
If you are in the Cary, Apex, or Morrisville areas please call or text our office at 919.303.4557 to see if Invisalign Teen is a good fit for your family. You can also request an appointment here for a free new patient exam.